Gemmed Circle Nipple Shield with Barbell
The below measurements are approximate:
- Each nipple shield includes a steel 14g 11/16" barbell
- Both barbell ends are externally threaded and the ball measures 4mm and the gem end measures 3mm
- The circle shield has a 11/16" outer diameter and a 12.5mm inner diameter
- The inner wearable area of the barbell measures 1/2"
Jewelry is measured through a gauge system (see chart below).
- The *higher* the gauge number the *smaller* the wire is.
- A standard "earring" is usually 20 gauge.
- To get larger gauge piercings you have to stretch your piercings.
Jewelry gauges/sizes can vary between manufacturers. There is no universal regulation on companies to make a standard size in body jewelry. A big part of this is that some jewelry is made overseas and measured in millimeters. And in the USA jewelry is measured in inches/gauges. So many times jewelry can be anywhere from .5mm to 1mm different.