Steel Captive Ring
- Sizes 18g through 12g can have 3mm or 4mm balls
- Size 10g can have 4mm or 5mm balls
- Size 8g can have 4mm to 6mm balls
Jewelry is measured through a gauge system (see chart below).
- The *higher* the gauge number the *smaller* the wire is.
- A standard "earring" is usually 20 gauge.
- To get larger gauge piercings you have to stretch your piercings.
Jewelry gauges/sizes can vary between manufacturers. There is no universal regulation on companies to make a standard size in body jewelry. A big part of this is that some jewelry is made overseas and measured in millimeters. And in the USA jewelry is measured in inches/gauges. So many times jewelry can be anywhere from .5mm to 1mm different.
4 star 13% (54)
3 star 7% (28)
2 star 4% (18)
1 star 3% (11)